EtonHouse International Pre-school, Qingjianhu, Suzhou ——the first nature pre-school in Suzhou
EtonHouse is headquartered in Singapore with more than 100 international schools spread across 12 countries. Together these schools provide high quality international education to over 15,000 children globally and 61 different nationalities in Singapore alone.
In September 2017, Etonhouse will open a new school at Qingjianhu area. This will be the third EtonHouse school after EtonHouse International School Suzhou and EtonHouse International Pre-School Baitang.
The campus covers an area of 7200 square meters with nearly 2000 square meters of outdoor space. The unique curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach in early childhood education, combined with a nature educational programme. This child-responsive curriculum is provided in a beautiful natural environment where children are given ample opportunities to explore and understand the world they live in.
Research and education best practices show that children who have spent time in nature pre-schools have improved focus, develop hand-eye coordination ability more quickly, are well-developed socially and better able to work in a team.
The design of EtonHouse International Pre-school, Qingjianhu is inspired by the picturesque European forests, allowing early childhood education to take place in a beautiful natural environment.
- Surrounded by greenery and streams, the school is equipped with a large playground, outdoor tree house, bunker, track and field. The children are given plenty of time outdoors to immerse in nature.
- It gives them freedom to explore nature. The rich natural resources from the forest, like soil, branches, leaves, pine cones, stones, can be used to support the nature curriculum.
- The indoor light studio, performing arts atelier, cooking studio, visual arts studio, library and other state-of-the-art teaching facilities stimulate children's curiosity and explore, which is an important first step in lifelong learning.
- A team of experienced, passionate international educators from all over the world.
- Our excellent English language programme develops a strong bilingual foundation in children.